Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Restoring My Faith in the Local Music Scene

I consider myself a very open minded person, but when it comes to music, I'd be like my nephew with veggies. Constantly observing his food for those icky, yucky, slimy, smelly green stuff, he's a walking talking (and most of the time running and screaming) vegetable filter. Now I know this may sound conceited and arrogant, but I filter my music just like my nephew does with his veggies. I find it highly offensive if a band that has no musicality, only uses the same 3 chords excessively, and has music with lyrics which could easily be mistakable as daily conversations between idiots has been overly appreciated by the public. Incidentally, I have this huge problem with the local music scene. None of em seem to please my ear buds. None of them, except this band right here! Enter Padi. Their music = my taste. Those are not lyrics they're singing. Those are poetry, my friends, unadulterated poetry. And music without poetry is like Beavis without Butthead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah! now, that's what should be called music. :D