Thursday, February 15, 2007

Old Cell, Old Friend

I really miss my old cellphone. The Siemens SX1 (mine's black). I know what you're thinking. How the hell can one type an sms with those keypads. Trust me, it's easier than it looks. When you get the hang of it, it'll be even faster than your standard phone. The SX1 was introduced at the 2003 CeBIT. I bought one in 04 and used it for about a year and a half. As far as Symbian based phones go, this one also comes with flaws, mainly the slow and less responsive menus and the fact that it'd 'restart to improve performance' more than often. Other than that, it's a really good phone. The design is undoubtedly unconventional but bold as hell and everlasting. I mean, it looked great then and it still looks good now! Alas, I was then seduced by the younger S700i from Sony Ericsson (which less than a year later was traded in for an M600i) I sold the SX1 to a friend of mine (he still uses it to this very day). You won't find another phone like this for quite some time. It's not just a phone, it's a piece of art. Nokia, eat yer heart out!

No comments: