Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Good Luck!

How many of you have won a lottery or sweepstakes? (And I mean the cream of the crop, not the umbrellas or, for a lesser extent, the truly fabulous satisfaction guaranteed company logo sticker). Less than a percent, I'll bet. Well yesterday, a good friend won a TV from the faculty's annual lottery. It was the third biggest prize that afternoon. Not bad, considering the first prize was a fridge. I was there when the MC read his number, 0... 1... 1............. 6!!!! He leapt out of his chair waving his lotto ticket madly while the audience gave an envious applause. Me? No, I'm not envious, more like curious. Why the hell have I never won first prize in a lotto? Or first prize in any fluke concerned raffle for that matter... . Is there really a luck factor involved? Been thinking about it all morning. Then I became conscious of the fact that God blessed me with good parents, a fulfilling life, and great friends. What more can a man ask for? A good woman? (you got a point there, bub...). Well, tell me if you found a lottery where the first prize is my future wife. For the time being, the message for today is that there are so many blessings that you receive every day. Each of which are worth more than the grand prize from any lotto. (But still... if you find that future wife lottery, holler at me!)

1 comment:

Orchida D'Orca said...

i won a cellphone once!
hehe,,