Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bogel's Leaving

Allow me to introduce you to my old and best friend. This here is Bogel (bow-gal) the Suzuki Vitara. Named so becuse she has a rather large backside. (Bogel is Indonesian for huge behind). She was born back in 92, adopted by my family later that year, took my mom all over Jakarta for the first eight years. No problem whatsoever during those times (probably 'cos my mom never went far). She started taking me to campus since 2001 and we've been best friends ever since. She's almost 14 now, and she's still a beauty. Never complains much, too.

Specifications? She has terrible mileage and wobbly handling. Top speed is 130 km/hour downhill with the the wind on our back. Acceleration? What acceleration? But still, reliable all the way. All things considered, she may not be the best of cars, but she's a great friend.

Accompanied me through the toughest of times. Took me and my ex on countless dates. Dunno how many times I laughed, cried, or got angry on those rides with her. She taught me many things in life, love, and the appropriate cursing method to assholes on the street. (My middle finger got lots of practice)

Last month my dad bought me a new car. Well... not exactly new, it was my aunt's car. A 2002 Honda City Type Z with only 12.000 km on the odometer. I've been riding it for a couple of times and by and large, it's a nice car. Better than Bogel in many ways. But you can't compare her to Bogel. Me and Bogel, we have this chemistry that no one can take from us. An now, dad decided to let go of Bogel. T-T ...Can't believe she's leaving.

I've grown so much ever since I met her. As John Ondrasik puts it,

She's my time machine
She's my rolling memory
She's my family
And I love her so

She knows my secrets well
But her back seat won't ever tell
She's no Jezebel

My ‘92 Bogel rides along
Every mile's another song
And what I don't remember
She never forgets
That little girl ain't let me down yet
It all comes back to me
When I turn that horse's key
And she roars to me...I'm 23
Or bringing home my ... grocery?
(pardon the tackyness, can't find other words that rhymes)
Like mom did when the Vitara was three

Taken from 5 4 Fighting's "65 Mustang", with a couple of alteration




This picture was taken two years ago at an exhaust shop. Notice how dirty her underbelly was (and still is, actually) and how clean that new exhaust was. Now, it's impossible to tell 'em apart.



This is one of her best angle. Taken in front of the Center for Japanese Studies building.



It ain't no bullshit when I said her top speed was 130... 132 km/hr to be exact... .



I Believe this was taken on the rooftop parking of Kelapa Gading Mall. Quite attractive. Gonna miss you, sis.


PS: I haven't told her about her leaving, so keep it hush-hush.

1 comment:

Orchida D'Orca said...

aaa,,, my baby is sexier,,
hehehe,,,