Thursday, April 26, 2007

25 and Living the Good Life

I have a cousin who lives in New Zealand. He's 25 (at least I think he's 25...) and works as a building consultant. He was in Jakarta for 2 weeks and went back to NZ last Tuesday. He's smart and according to my lady friends, quite handsome. Last Saturday night my family took him out to diner. In one of the many conversations, I found out that he already has his own car. A '95 Honda Accord Maestro. It's an old car, I'll give you that, but he bought it with his own money, nevertheless. He's a couple of years older than me but he already has the pink slip to his car? That forced me to think hard about my life. I'll graduate next month (after years and years of endless anticipation) and work for two more years in some company and then continue to take my masters. By that time I'll be a bit over 25 and I don't think I'd be able to buy me a car of my own with all my savings. Well, maybe a very old and rusty corolla or sumthin under 20 million rupiahs. Credit, of course. You expect me to pay cash?

No comments: