Friday, December 22, 2006

Me and My Rusty Guitar Fingers


I've been listening to Depapepe lately. I'm not really a big fan of J-Pop, but this one, I can enjoy. Just two guys with two guitars. Usually the first guy plays the rhythm, while the other bangs on with straightforward melodies. They're really easy on the ears but memorable from the very first time you hear them. Air guitaring and the occasional head banging is not very common when it comes to accoustic pieces, but I'll make an exception for this band. I do agree with you, the name IS stupid. But as soon as you hear their music, it doesn't matter.

That said, I've developed a sudden craving for the 6 strings. It has been almost a year since I last played touched my guitar. Thanks to these guys, yesterday I cleaned up my rusty accoustic, changed the strings, and got iTunes on repeat. The initial plan was to learn those straightforward melodies and copy them. Well, at least that was the plan. Turns out, these fingers are as rusty as those old strings. I never was a great guitarist. No, that would be this guy, but I ain't that bad. Alas, you can't tell by the way I'm playing now. T_T

1 comment:

Orchida D'Orca said...

hmmm,,,
reminds me of "Kinky Kids" Duo,,
Tsuyoshi and Koichi Domoto,,
Sayonara,,